James Joyce - Thunderwords - POP translation

FW003 (thunder):
"bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk"

*************************
baba
BA BA BA BA Barbara Ann, Ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann, Take my hand

bad
BAD, You know I'm bad, I'm bad-you know it, (Bad bad-really, really bad)

algharaghta
I'LL GO I'LL GO I'LL GO RIGHT DOWN the road

kamminar
CAMINAR y caminar desde tus pies a tu cogote, como camina el trovador.

ronn
RUN, run, run, run, run, take a drag or two, run, run, run, run, run

konn
CONGO, deep down in the jungle, I started bangin' my first bongo

bronn
BROWN sugar how come you taste so good, (a-ha) brown sugar, just like a young girl

tonerron
THUNDER Road sit tight take hold, Thunder Road

tuonn
Sixteen TONS, whadaya get? Another older and deeper in debt

thunn
THUNDER, lightning - ooh, every time we touch. Thunder, lightning - I need it so much

trovarr
EXTRAVERT or introvert, Love is kind, and love hurts

houn
HOUNDS of love are hunting ; I've always been a coward

aw nsk awn
HER OWN SKY, she lives by the way she flies

toohoohoordenen
sucking TOO HARD ON YOUR lollipop Oh, love's gonna get you down

thurnuk
We all wear the same THORNY CROWN

*************************
With a little help from my friends: The Beach Boys, Michael Jackson, Feist, Amaia Montero, The Velvet Underground & Nico, Manu Chao, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Merle Travis, Giant, Pet Shop Boys, Kate Bush, Krissie, Mika, Bob Dylan

*************************

2 comments:

Leonard Dixon said...

Reading "ronn konn bronn tonerron" reminds me of:
You got to jump down, turn around
Pick a bale of cotton
(folk song)

Roland Bartleby said...

I like it Leonard !